It’s almost February. In a blink of an eye in fitness time, it will be spring, and we all will want to get in shape for summer. Why wait? Fit for Life in Apex knows that now is the time to keep that New Year’s Resolution. Many of our members have committed to the continuous goal of leading healthier lives in 2016, but the resolve to improve might be starting to wear off for some here in our Apex membership. It will be cooler for the next couple of months and it’s tempting to give in to a cozy night at home. We are all back to work and the long days and the often stressful commute can create multiple excuses not to exercise. Between the allure of another night in front of the TV and giving into exhaustion, a lot of us need some extra motivation.
Fit for Life 24 offers five ways to get in gear as we head to summer:
- Incentives: Here at Fit for Life 24 in Apex, it is a good time to meet with one of our personal trainers. Monthly realistic goals are necessary. At the end of every month, if goals have been reached, figure out a reward; maybe a new pair of workout shoes or a stress reducing massage. Better yet, each time you’re tempted to buy an unhealthy snack at the convenience store, or the machine in the cafeteria, keep that money right in that pocket. At the end of the month, use it to fund the incentive.
- Train with an expert: There is power in using our personal trainers Not sure where to start? Do you have a few “problem” areas that are not changing regardless of the effort? Don’t get discouraged—schedule a workout session with one of our trainers. Fit for Life 24 means results!
- Create a routine: It takes 21 days to make or break a habit. Swap out nights in front of the TV for an hour at Fit for Life. Instead of plopping down in front of HGTV for the night, follow one of the channels most popular designers—Joanna Gaines—on her fitness journey. Make a commitment to work out every day for 21 days. Make it a routine to get to the gym. If the thought of pounding another mile on the treadmill seems daunting, drop into one of our fitness classes. There are plenty of ways to keep your workout fresh and fun at Fit for Life!
- Eat healthy meals: Don’t reach for the sugary treat when the mid-day hunger strikes. Pre-pack a high-protein, healthy snack, like an apple and peanut butter for energy. That chocolate chip cookie might look good at 3:30, but it will just lead to a crash in energy, which won’t help get as you head for that workout.
- Invest in a fitness tracker: Fitness trackers have become increasingly popular—and for a good reason! Meeting the recommended daily goals doesn’t just feel satisfying; it’s good for health too! Many fitness trackers offer motivating visuals, encouraging reminders, and friendly competition. Looking for the right fit? Check out Wareable’s in-depth descriptions of the latest in fitness trackers.
How are you staying motivated in 2016? Comment on our Facebook page and let us know how you’re maintaining your fitness goals this winter!
Remember, tomorrow is our Smart Fit Boot Camp 360! Join us onsite at Fit for Life 24 for the ultimate challenge!
This article on both fitness and opportunity is brought to you by the AWESOME team at Apex Fit for Life 24 located in Historic Apex NC. Contact us below. Please LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on our Twitter Page!
We are your fitness choice in the Triangle!
Apex Fit for Life 24
809 Perry Road
Apex NC 27502
919 629 6212
Photo Credit: Fit for Life 24 Apex NC
resolutions, treadmill, gym, 2016, motivated, HGTV, Joanna Gaines, insurance, incentives, fitness, routine, trainers, experts, results, healthy, fit, goals, commitment, habit, classes, competition