Childhood obesity is at an all-time high in the United States, but luckily there are countless ways to enjoy exercise together as a family. Whether at Fit for Life 24 in Apex, or one of our other fitness centers in the Greenville area near East Carolina University, families all across North Carolina are making health a priority and enjoying some quality time together.
The personal trainers here in Apex at Fit For Life 24 know that finding time to fit in family time and exercise can be difficult. For an unbeatable combination, why not combine them with these tips?
- Schedule the activity: Start by identifying at least three different time slots each week when the whole family is likely to stick to the schedule. Try an after dinner walk, weekend morning bike ride, after school trip to the park, or a group gathering at Fit for Life.
- Celebrate differently: Instead of recognizing birthdays or anniversaries with the usual dinner out, try commemorating special occasions with something active, like heading to the gym, or playing sports together.
- Get to work: Get the whole family involved in chores like cleaning the house, raking leaves, or washing vehicles. This is a great way to boost efficiency (leaving more time for fun) and burn calories at the same time.
- Give back: Train together for a charity walk or run. As an incentive, offer a small prize for the family member who gathers the most donations.
- Think outside the box: Traditional exercise isn’t the only option. Active video games, a family dance party, or a hula-hooping contest can be just as heart-pumping as running or biking. Parking in the furthest spot, taking the stairs, and carrying shopping bags instead of using a cart are all effective ways to sneak in exercise throughout the busy day. Fit for Life 24 in Apex encourages a “wholeness” process for any and every person.
Getting the whole family on board with physical fitness can be challenging. Setting small goals and working towards them together is a great way to get started. In the first few weeks, expect a few scheduling issues or setbacks. However, stick with it, and soon physical activity will be a regular part of the family’s routine.
Interested in setting achievable, effective fitness goals for yourself or your family? Call or stop in and let the personal trainers at Fit For Life 24 in Apex create a fitness program for the entire family.
This article on both fitness and opportunity is brought to you by the AWESOME team at Apex Fit for Life 24 located in Historic Apex NC. Contact us below. Please LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on our Twitter Page!
We are your fitness choice in the Triangle!
Apex Fit for Life 24
809 Perry Road
Apex NC 27502
919 629 6212
Photo Credit: nenetus, freedigitalphotos.net