Even the healthiest Fit for Life 24 members in the Triangle occasionally have days where it feels impossible to get up and go. When there’s no recognizable reason (such as illness or a poor night’s sleep), a low-grade energy drain may be to blame. Everyday energy loss affects everything from productivity to eating habits to workout routines. It can often be difficult to identify, but luckily there’s a way around it.
Before reaching for that extra cup of coffee or energy drink, check out these energy-boosting tips from the personal trainers at Fit For Life 24 in Apex:
- Take a power nap: It might seem obvious, but there’s more to napping than meets the eye. In order to gain the most benefits from a little extra sleep, every minute counts. For a power nap, aim for between 10 and 30 minutes. Any longer and you risk going into a deeper sleep stage (and waking up feeling even more groggy).
- Eat a sensible breakfast: Breakfast’s role in weight loss is still under discussion, but studies have shown that people who eat breakfast report having more energy all day long. Refueling the body after a night of fasting will give a jolt of energy that sets the tone for the day.
- Reduce stress: Stress and anxiety require a huge amount of energy, leaving chronic worriers mentally and physically fatigued. Exercise is a great way to reduce the effects of negative emotions and increase levels of endorphins, the brain’s naturally occurring “feel-good” chemicals.
- Drink more water: It’s easy to confuse feelings of hunger and thirst (thinking hunger when the body really needs water), but thirst can also masquerade as fatigue. Even slight dehydration can leave a person feeling tired and lethargic. Recommendations vary, but most people should aim for about one half gallon per day.
- Exercise: It might seem like exercising when tired would only lead to exhaustion, but the opposite is true. Physical activity is a proven way to increase energy levels immediately, with the effects lasting up to two hours. Keep it up for a couple of weeks, and enjoy a higher overall energy level.
Lethargy, difficulty concentrating, and rising levels of frustration are all indicative of energy drain, which is cumulative in nature and can become a chronic issue. When experiencing these unwelcome symptoms, look beyond the obvious causes and solutions to give both mind and body a healthy jump start.
Don’t let low energy keep you from working towards your fitness goals. Call or stop in to Fit For Life 24 in Apex to find out how a simple, consistent exercise plan can leave you feeling better than ever!
This article on both fitness and opportunity is brought to you by the AWESOME team at Apex Fit for Life 24 located in Historic Apex NC. Contact us below. Please LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on our Twitter Page!
We are your fitness choice in the Triangle!
Apex Fit for Life 24
809 Perry Road
Perry Pointe Plaza
Apex NC 27502
919 629 6212
Photo Credit: artur84, freedigitalphotos.net