Spring is here in North Carolina, and that means many folks are looking at the hot summer season ahead and everyone is starting to plan their summer vacations. Whether headed to one of the Outer Banks’ fantastic beaches or a retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains, be sure maintain any diet or fitness routine that is already in place from your activities at Fit for Life 24 in Apex.
The personal trainers at Fit For Life 24 in Apex, NC know that vacations mean rest and relaxation, but there’s also room for healthy choices.
Here are the FFL24 top trainer tips for staying in shape away from home.
- Make time for movement: This doesn’t necessarily mean hitting the hotel gym. There are lots of little ways to sneak in aerobic activity on vacation. Instead of lying on a towel all day, try walking on the beach or playing volleyball in the pool. At the airport, walk the terminals instead of waiting in a chair.
- Try a fun new activity: At the beach or lake, try paddle boarding, kayaking, or snorkeling. In the city, sightsee on foot rather than using taxis or public transportation. In the mountains? Try biking, hiking, or (if a thrill is in order) rock climbing. Or, go all in and book an active vacation!
- Choose splurges carefully: Small treats (like those tropical cocktails) can add up quickly. So, choose between sipping a pina colada poolside or a fancy dessert at dinner, not both. If a destination is known for a particular food or drink, save room for those instead of spending calories on the same treats that can be had anywhere.
- Check out the amenities: Many hotels have fitness centers, but they also may offer guest passes to local gyms or fitness studios. This allows guests to work out like a local, taking advantage of special fitness classes unique to the area (like NYC’s Brooklyn Bridge Boot Camp or Chicago’s Caveman Workout).
- Aim for maintenance, not a makeover: Vacationer’s may not have as much time or motivation for working out as they normally would at home. But remember, doing anything is better than doing nothing. Aiming for about 50% of their normal routine is doable for most travelers.
Everyone wants to have a great time on vacation. Most people also want to maintain their energy level (and their pants size) upon returning home. Maintaining a base fitness level will allow travelers to return home feeling rested, relaxed, and rejuvenated. And what could be better than that?
Looking to start a fitness routing before the “lazy days” of summer arrive? Call or stop in to Fit For Life 24 in Apex to find out how to stay fit and healthy, home or away!
This article on both fitness and opportunity is brought to you by the AWESOME team at Apex Fit for Life 24 located in Historic Apex NC. Contact us below. Please LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on our Twitter Page!
We are your fitness choice in the Triangle!
Apex Fit for Life 24
809 Perry Road
Perry Pointe Plaza
Apex NC 27502
919 629 6212
Photo Credit: Sura Naralpradid, freedigitalphotos.net