Most people begin an exercise and fitness program to improve physicality. A stronger, leaner body, increased energy level, and healthy body weight are all great reasons to begin a physical fitness plan and stick with it. Over a period of time, however, participants begin to notice other, less visible results that are just as motivating.
The personal trainers at Fit For Life 24 in Apex don’t want Triangle fitness fans to miss out on these five important mental health benefits of exercise:
- Relieve stress and tension: Whether it’s an anxiety disorder or just everyday stress, exercise provides relief by boosting the level of chemicals that act as the body’s natural painkillers (such as norepinephrine).
- Boost endorphins: Even just a few minutes of exercise triggers the release of the body’s “feel good” chemicals. The mood-enhancing, happiness-boosting effect has even been shown to have the same effectiveness as mild anti-depressant medication in some cases.
- Make better decisions: Cardiovascular workouts assist in the formation of new brain cells (technically known as neurogenesis) and proteins associated with learning, creativity and critical thinking.
- Prevent cognitive decline: Diseases like Alzheimer’s wreak havoc on millions of lives each year by killing brain cells and causing the loss of essential functions. While the process cannot currently be reversed, the chemicals released during exercise support the brain tissue and seem to prevent memory decline.
- Help with addiction: Exercise can ease the symptoms of addiction (particularly cravings) by promoting the release of dopamine in the body. Alcohol and drugs also trigger dopamine release, which is one of the factors that lead to addiction in the first place. Exercise is a different, healthier source of this chemical.
An essential part of any healthy lifestyle, a regular workout routine helps participating individuals reach the pinnacle of physical and mental health. Don’t miss out on the important, yet often overlooked, brain-boosting effects of exercise! To find out how the personal trainers at Fit for Life 24 in Apex help clients transform their bodies and their minds, contact Fit for Life 24 today!
This article on both fitness and opportunity is brought to you by the AWESOME team at Apex Fit for Life 24 located in Historic Apex NC. Contact us below. Please LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on our Twitter Page!
We are your fitness choice in the Triangle!
Apex Fit for Life 24
809 Perry Road
Perry Pointe Plaza
Apex NC 27502
919 629 6212
Photo Credit: Rosswebsdale/Foter/CC-BY-NC-SA