Personal trainers tend to hear a lot of interesting opinions on diet and exercise. People often say things like “I work out so I can eat whatever I want” or “ I diet because I don’t like to exercise.” Many times people want to choose between one or the other, in hopes of saving time and effort.
Fit for Life 24 in Apex wants health-conscious individuals in the Triangle and beyond to know that when it comes to weight loss and weight maintenance, a balance is necessary for the best results.
Fit for Life 24 puts the diet vs. exercise debate to rest with these five important facts:
- It is nearly impossible to out-exercise a poor diet: For example, it would take a 5-mile walk to burn off the calories in just one 20 oz. bottle of soda pop (and that doesn’t include the burger or fries that might go with it). Most people simply do not have that kind of time or energy.
- The only way to build lean muscle is through exercise: Weight training increases lean muscle mass, and adding lean muscle will increase metabolism around the clock, helping to burn more calories even at rest.
- Exercise burns the most fat: People focusing on diet alone do tend to lose more weight in the short term than those who only exercise. However, just a portion of that weight loss is from fat. Dieters also lose muscle and bone density (not exactly a healthy route to dropping pounds).
- The benefits of exercise extend beyond weight loss: Exercise has been proven to reduce stress and improve sleep. In contrast, restrictive diets can trick the body into starvation mode, sabotaging weight loss. Lightheadedness and loss of energy are also pitfalls of a too-low calorie count.
- Diet and exercise are both important for maintaining long-term results: in fitness and weight loss, blending both together has the best results.
Whether going it solo at Fit for Life 24 in Apex or with the help of our professional personal trainers, physical fitness is a commitment and an investment. Make the most of both time and money by complementing an exercise regimen with a nutritious diet. To find out how personal training might be the key to success, contact Fit for Life 24 today!
This article on both fitness and opportunity is brought to you by the AWESOME team at Apex Fit for Life 24 located in Historic Apex NC. Contact us below. Please LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on our Twitter Page!
We are your fitness choice in the Triangle!
Apex Fit for Life 24
809 Perry Road
Perry Pointe Plaza
Apex NC 27502
919 629 6212
Photo Credit: Freedigitalphotos.net (Mister GC)